Dear Legacy Builders
As we are winding down for 2014-2015 school year I took a look at the Coaches Commitment Pledge in the playbook. How did you do?
(If you are not a coach, evaluate yourself on how well you are applying these principles in your life)
- I will coach (live) with proficiency and a heart of integrity. I will inspire, cover, restore, train and empower my athletes (or those around me) to reach their potential.
- I will set a positive example to all those I lead, in my speech and conduct, demonstrating love and faith to my athletes (or those around me) from a pure heart.
- I will do my best to coach (live) with a vision that goes beyond the contest (results)… A vision that incorporates…. developing the heart of an athlete (or those around me) to be the complete person of character for others.
- I will use my authority not merely to build a program but to build people, understanding that all great leaders do justly, love mercy and walk humbly.
- I will be determined to continually grow as a complete coach (person) who is developing. the heart of their athletes (or those around me) to be people of Character for others.
Character – Physical training and knowledge of the sport has some value but good character
have value and a holds a promise for the present and the future. Every time you walk it,
talk it and reward it your influence grows and lives are being impacted for the future. The year is almost over do not let off the pedal now BE RELENTLESS.