GRIT - Day 1
BELIEVE: .... Character that develops core values for life!
Read the following training tips to the team:
- Why do I need Grit? Life is tough!
- Definition:The raw endurance, perseverance and strength of character that keeps you going despite obstacles
- Fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith
- Greatness, Requires Internal Toughness
- Mental toughness that will not be shaken or moved
TRAINING - TEACH POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Practice the following GO TO STATEMENT with your team.
- COACH Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- TEAM Responds: “Courage to…Dig Deep!”
WORKOUT - PRACTICE POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Athletes practice GO TO STATEMENT one-on-one (Three (3) times during practice.)
- Athlete No.1 Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- Athlete No.2 Responds: “Courage to…Dig Deep!”