ENCOURAGER - Day 1
BELIEVE: .... Character that develops core values for life!
Read the following training tips to the team:
- Why do I need Encourager? When you give encouragement you are encouraged!
- Definition:To give somebody hope, confidence or courage / to urge somebody in a helpful way to be or do something
- Convince, correct, and inspire with great patience
- Let your words be helpful and good - bringing encouragement to others
- Harsh words stir up anger but the gentle response turns away wrath
TRAINING - TEACH POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Practice the following GO TO STATEMENT with your team.
- COACH Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- TEAM Responds: “Courage to…Inspire!”
WORKOUT - PRACTICE POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Athletes practice GO TO STATEMENT one-on-one (Three (3) times during practice.)
- Athlete No.1 Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- Athlete No.2 Responds: “Courage to…Inspire!”