ONWARD - Day 1
BELIEVE: .... Character that develops core values for life!
Read the following training tips to the team:
- Why do I need Onward? If you are not growing you are not making progress
- Definition:Directed, moving forward in space, time or development
- Forget the past, reach forward to what’s ahead - the prize
- If you are not growing you’re not making progress
- Trials produce perseverance and perseverance produces character
TRAINING - TEACH POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Practice the following GO TO STATEMENT with your team.
- COACH Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- TEAM Responds: “Courage to…Finish Strong”
WORKOUT - PRACTICE POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Athletes practice GO TO STATEMENT one-on-one (Three (3) times during practice.)
- Athlete No.1 Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- Athlete No.2 Responds: “Courage to…Finish Strong”