CHARACTER - Day 1
BELIEVE: .... Character that develops core values for life!
Read the following training tips to the team:
- Why do I need Character? Character provides a foundation for success and provides you with the ability to overcome adversity.
- Definition:To Scratch and engrave the attributes and features that make up an individual
- Physical training has some value but character has value for the present and the future
- Athletes of character do justly, think big, love mercy and walk humble
- It is who you are when no one is looking
TRAINING - TEACH POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Practice the following GO TO STATEMENT with your team.
- COACH Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- TEAM Responds: “Courage to…Do What's Right!”
WORKOUT - PRACTICE POSITIVE SELF-TALK:
Athletes practice GO TO STATEMENT one-on-one (Three (3) times during practice.)
- Athlete No.1 Initiates: “TESTED .... NOW WHAT?”
- Athlete No.2 Responds: “Courage to…Do What's Right!”